7.2.09

Procrastination is denial

Currently being under the curse/blessing of an unassailable deadline again, I find myself often in "robot mode." It happens when I find something of interest on the internet, which for me is not hard to do, and I noticed I'm under a spell after I realize that I've been sitting in front of the computer mindlessly jumping from one open window to the next, doing all the things I am not supposed to at this particular time.

And this I find fascinating about the brain. It doesn't know when to stop going on autopilot in an effort to deny current physical and emotional stress, it just does it. Not procrastinating goes against the brain's very nature, and it takes some effort to come out of every spell, also with the aid of the brain.

Take this post (and the creation of this blog) for example. I should be doing something else, but subconsciously this seems more important.

Fight brain with brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment